Discuss Sub contractor nicking jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is the sub contractor is a ponce!! You gave him work and he stole from you! The guy has little or no integrity and should be cast aside, he can't be trusted!

He will try to convince you otherwise and try to blame customers but you know the truth!

Things are seldom black and white at court.
And seldom get resolved with total satisfaction.

Leave it about 3 weeks and pop over his place mid week late one night and put small stones in his dust caps on his van.Not doing any damage other than costing him a lot of hassle and a days pay

I couldn't go through all the court hassle i don't think, would rather be concentrating on work.

I'd do what i could to spread the word about what he's done though.

Thinking about it, are we hearing the whole story?

Has the OP been paying him ok? Are there any outstanding issues regarding other jobs? I can just imagine that (whether justified or not) if people feel stitched up on one job, they will stitch you up back on the next. Two wrongs don't make a right, but its still human nature.

Thinking about it, are we hearing the whole story?

Has the OP been paying him ok? Are there any outstanding issues regarding other jobs? I can just imagine that (whether justified or not) if people feel stitched up on one job, they will stitch you up back on the next. Two wrongs don't make a right, but its still human nature.

you on the bench yet Ray, Pompey magistrates need you :)

Ray Stafford!! Yes you are hearing the whole story! I pride myself on
paying my lads every Friday! I have never held anything back
I have kept this subbie with 5 days a week every week for 18 months

I paid to renew his gas, hired him a van when his was off the road!

I always gave praise where praise was due and in my opinion a good lad to work for

that's the reason I'm so bitter! Nothing outstanding, no disagreements, just blatantly nicking food out of my mouth!

I hope one that straightens your way of thinking Ray

Last edited by a moderator:

Not unreasonable to ask old son.

Just let him go and move on. Get your materials money back if you can.

The only thing I would add is this - don't let it spoil your relationship with you other subbies.

Ray Stafford!! Yes you are hearing the whole story! I pride myself on
paying my lads every Friday! I have never held anything back
I have kept this subbie with 5 days a week every week for 18 months

I paid to renew his gas, hired him a van when his was off the road!

I always gave praise where praise was due and in my opinion a good lad to work for

that's the reason I'm so bitter! Nothing outstanding, no disagreements, just blatantly nicking food out of my mouth!

In that case he isnt a subbie in the eyes of the tax man but an employee, so take it from there once youve sorted out your Nics etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sub contractor nicking jobs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I've just had my annual maintenance check on my boiler (in title), it will be 8 years old in May this year and is (I think) still under...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock