Discuss switchmaster 3 way valve replacement/ extra radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mik

Hi,
I thought I would give update on my queries a week ago regarding adding an extra rad on my son,s central heating system. Well I am back from my sons, and it all went a bit better than I thought it would. We added in the extra rad. It was a big Boy and I thought it would be too big bearing in mind the poor performance on the old one on the microbore pipe. He also bought two new rads fartrher for further back on the system. So I have been busy repiping them in. It all went well. and the advice on the balancing was very useful. We are getting much better performance even though we have added bigger rads on the system. As someone said to me on the forum on a combi keep the pressure up. Dead Right.Any way thanks for all the help on that.
I am now back home and need to fix my own problem with the Knackered Switchmaster 3 diverter. After my last thread on this . The fuse kept blowing and I stripped it down to find the leaking gland had finally got into one of the micro switches causing it to melt a bit!!!. As a temporary measure i have removed the actuator , isolated the three connections such that when my programmer calls for central heating and hot water the pump starts when I want hot water only I manually turn the diverter valve . As the weather is supposed to warm up a little in Southampton next week I would like to change the unit. I am drawn to the honeywell 407 unit as the connections on the data sheet seem almost the same as the old switchmaster . Any comment on suggested replace ment would be helpful. Looking farther ahead to when I do the work I hate to have to drain down . Could I use bungs on the expansion tank vent and supply and shut the valves on the pump. I have used them for changing rads before, but I appreciate this could be a bit more awkward particularly if the new diverter requires a pipe mod and doen't go on the existing compression nuts. AS I say any comments would be appreciated from the experts. Mik

It's a drain down job as the connections will be slightly different. I've got a wiring conversion for switchmaster to honeywell somewhere I'll see if i can find it.

Found it.

Attachments

• Switchmaster conversion.jpg
    Switchmaster conversion.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to switchmaster 3 way valve replacement/ extra radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock