Search the forum,

Discuss Tap drips even with water turned off at mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SandraP

Hi

My Ikea kitchen tap drips, and I will eventually get around to replacing it (changing the ceramic joints doesn't seem to be an option after enquiring in DIY stores, by the way I am in Paris, France).

For the time being, I turn the water off at the stopcock but now, curiously, the tap still drips with the water turned off. When I turn the tap on, water runs out for about 15 seconds. It then fills up again.

I'm curious about how this is possible.

Many thanks,
Sandra

turn the tap on, then turn the stopcock off

does it still run or drip?

if so you may need to pop outside to turn the mains off out there

Thanks! I'll do that and see what happens. I'm in a block of flats so I don't think I can turn off the mains outside.

Amazing, that seems to have the done the trick! At times of day when it's impractical to turn the water off I've been letting it drip into plastic bottles and the amount of water that drips is unbelievable. I use it to water the plants so at least it's not wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap drips even with water turned off at mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock