Discuss Tap flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jive_b

I fitted some new ceramic taps to my bathroom sink. At low flow the water the water doesn't come out in nice column but randomly all over the place. This seems to be because of the plastic spreader thing at the outlet, if I remove it its fine. Why would this be and is it OK to just remove them and have nothing at the end of the tap?

Another quick question: my flat has the noisiest pipes I ever heard. If someone turns on any tap you can hear it from anywhere in the flat. Same for the washing machine when its drawing water. Its not a banging noise just constant noise whenever water is being used. Any ideas why this would be?

Have you got the correct type of tap for your water supply - (high versus low pressure taps)?

Hi. If water is moving at 3'-00" a second or more noise is transmitted. If the design included larger diameter pipes the problem may not exist (same volume travels slower through larger pipes)

WHPES: I think so it said: 'Suitable for High pressure systems only: from 0.5 bar - 5.0 bar' and we seem to have reasonably high water pressure (no idea what bar but it comes out quite quickly) and a combi. What's the difference as far as the way the water comes out tap?

justlead1: Yeah that might explain it. All the pipes are very thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap flow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock