Discuss Temperature underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hello all engineers,

how ow to set up the underfloor heating appropriate?

shall I just set it up on the manifold itself like on the thermostat which looks similar to the thermostat on rads as well as on those knobs which are indicating how much water is going through the underfloor heating ?

i went for a call out and customer mentioned they had a leak therefore they called another plumber who fixed it but when he turned the underfloor heating back on it wasn't that warm as it should be.

I check eek that the flow and return from the boiler are ok basically I had around 75/80 degrees running from the boiler. I have check that zone valve opens fully up adjusted the temperature thermostat on the manifold but it doesn't get fully warm as it should be like 45degrees

any sort of help would be amazing

thanks guys

[video]http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/TR8uH2Kf/file.html[/video]

That's the manifold of its helps u

If the red knob beliw the pump is the blending valve then that is the one that needs to be set to the desired underfloor temperature.

It's somehow set up on max which around 70/75 degrees pretty roasting hot.

I opened obviously flow and return for the ufh and it starts getting pretty hot ... in my opinion quite weird manifold never seen this **** before.

Anyway, I have been there today and checked again the pump starts running after its getting pretty hot the pump just shuts down literally off like u see in the picture

I assuming something from thE control unit gives a signal to turn the pump off its just intermittent running ... Maybe the sensor on the left is broken ?

Apperantly the have got plastic pipe install but I can see is cooper.

Have you got any sort of ideas what to do ?

What can you suggest ?

Look at the better picture down below

[video]http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/7GoLLRPY/file.html[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Underfloor heating would normally be set to a ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM of 45°, we design and install it for 30° if we can.

It depends upon how it was designed and installed.

The tmv / blending valve mixes the return from the ufh with the flow from the boiler to blend down the incoming 70° down to 45° max. we design on a deltaT on the underfloor of 5° so you're blending 40° with 70°, doesn't need a lot of hot water to get it up to 45°

Hotter than that and you'll a) scald your feet and b) damage the screed / floor coverings.

As so much water has to be returned to the boiler, then there will also be a bypass after the pump.

Each circuit has it's own designed flow rate depending upon the heat loss for that circuit, usually adjusted with a lockshield of some type on each loop.

The blended circuit probably supplies a manifold tucked away somwehere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Temperature underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock