Search the forum,

Discuss Text msg from 07885980439? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomplumb83

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Received a text message from this number at 16.15.
Anybody else get it?

Self employed plumbers wanted
Local call out work
Minimum £45.00 per hour
No fees or on going costs
Call me now thanks
Adam

Ive rung it.
They wanna see your certs then they send you a invoice book and start sending you jobs. Invoices paid 15-30 days later.

Didnt go any further with it than the phone call. But thats what they tell you if you do ring

as long as does get paid, sounds alright? i'm actually snowed under at mo but if i wasn't i might give it a punt.

I thought so too, but never got round to it.

I certainly wouldn't jump in without googling them though.

May be another whan for the scam thread so beware....

And a quick search yields the following

ed: 09 Apr 2010Posts: 5629Location: Hertfordshire,United KingdomThanked: 767 timesPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:09 pm*DON'T JOIN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*We were working for them last year,*we*stopped working for them, please find a few examples of their code of conduct:*Their aim is to stretch the job with trips to buy materials, wasting time, costing the customer lots more money. They are based in Kent, their staff are very rude, they won't give you the customers phone number as they think you will seal their job. And take ages to pay. If anything goes wrong then they withhold your money.*The owner of the company gave me his personal email address when he wanted copies of my public liability etc, then when I used it to email him regarding another matter a few weeks later the whole office went mad and he questioned me as to where I had got it from - which made me think he had something to hide.*Their website also does not have an address on it.........to avoid customers coming to see them maybe?!!*STAY AWAY!Read more:http://www.diynot.com/forums/trade-...ut-home-services-direct.227110/#ixzz38PTRUsM6

Worked for them when I first started my business in Hampshire. My experience was exactly as the one above. You were paid by the half-hour so if you finished a job within 30 minutes of turning up you got paid £22.50!! There was pressure from them to make jobs last longer as you got paid for travelling time to collect materials. I dropped it in the end as they were conning customers imo.

Home services direct ltd.
Oh dear I've just realised who they are!
Did a job in leicester afew months ago on a saniflo.
Customer had some kind of dementia and needed 24hr care. Daughter rang me to explain that they had a fault on a saniflo but another company hadn't been able to sort it.
I got to the job to find whoever had been before me had sprayed the contents all over the beige carpet. Made a right mess. Hadn't even attempted to clean the waste up, just got there money and left.
After sorting it out I asked the carer who'd done the work. She showed me the invoice for something like £140 odd for 45mins. Never seen anything like it but they got away with it because the customer was in no shape to challenge them and the carer who signed the form to authorise the work was just doing as she was told.

So.... sorry for answering my own question! But thanks to all those who replied - suffice to say I won't be calling them

Last edited:
Sometimes you look at the customer in that kind of situation and know your dammed if you do and your dammed if you don`t Tom. Have a company around here that hasn`t got a clue about sani`s yet still go in mess around for a little while and charge that sort of money without fixing anything then people like you and me follow.

I know lots about saniflows

1. When broken they smell
2. They are usually overflowing with excrement, tampons and baby wipes.
3. Usually no one follows MI
4. Customer wants you to fix it now for 50p
5. If it's broken we can fix it but choose just wet vac it out and fit a new one for say £900

I know lots about saniflows

1. When broken they smell
2. They are usually overflowing with excrement, tampons and baby wipes.
3. Usually no one follows MI
4. Customer wants you to fix it now for 50p
5. If it's broken we can fix it but choose just wet vac it out and fit a new one for say £900

At least you are leaving them with a working toilet. Not bad money for one hours work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Text msg from 07885980439? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I have just joined, after being pushed into some DIY plumbing. Here is my first plumbing DIY effort. I had a cistern lever that...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I had a wet room fitted just over a year ago using a local authority grant. Builder was employed by...
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock