Discuss The dreaded F.9... a question regarding flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

oh dear thats very bad, you really let that go and at that point the magnaclean will be useless - nice pics I will put it in my rogues gallery.
send it to Adey (magnaclean) they will love it. So isolate boiler and flush it. Then isolate system and flush it for a long time backwards and fwds. At this level I expect the rads are badly affected so you will need to go along the bottom with a magnet - use the magnaclean one to break up the sludge compacted. You have black sludge and some brown - brown is more oxidised which means there is leak, black is more anerobic and is a reaction between various metals in the system

My filter wasn't anything like that dirty.... just a film of black over the centre piece.
I am starting to lean towards either a sticky pump, or a faulty pressure sensor. Next time it locks out, I am going to see if there is 230v to the pump... and then see if its actually turning.

Why not isolate the boiler drain it and strip out the pump you may find the problem you have the manual guess your is more like this . Kop

Screenshot_20180826-182501.png

oh dear thats very bad, you really let that go and at that point the magnaclean will be useless - nice pics I will put it in my rogues gallery.
send it to Adey (magnaclean) they will love it. So isolate boiler and flush it. Then isolate system and flush it for a long time backwards and fwds. At this level I expect the rads are badly affected so you will need to go along the bottom with a magnet - use the magnaclean one to break up the sludge compacted. You have black sludge and some brown - brown is more oxidised which means there is leak, black is more anerobic and is a reaction between various metals in the system

??

Just to keep all updated.... still no fix. I ordered a new pressure sensor, as S97 flashes when you ask it to display its current activity, and that can either be a dud/blocked pump or the pressure sensor.
Pump def OK, and sensor only £23.
I assume I isolate the boiler using the valves underneath it and swap it out.
We had the water pressure checked here by the water board... they said it was above average pressure. Nothing stupid like the pressure coming in is too high? I highly doubt it.

Drain the boiler after isolation bud protect any electrical parts plenty of blue roll to hand, as has been said before get it cleaned properly first and protected or you will end up back in the same position. Kop

Drain the boiler after isolation bud protect any electrical parts plenty of blue roll to hand, as has been said before get it cleaned properly first and protected or you will end up back in the same position. Kop
I got called to a Vaillant the other week where the sensor had blocked. He had the sensor replaced a few weeks before and it was blocked solid again. I am going to flush the system for them in a few weeks. The water way on the sensor is so small on these sensors that it doesn’t take much before they get blocked.

I got called to a Vaillant the other week where the sensor had blocked. He had the sensor replaced a few weeks before and it was blocked solid again. I am going to flush the system for them in a few weeks. The water way on the sensor is so small on these sensors that it doesn’t take much before they get blocked.
Its always been in my mind to insert a plate heat exchanger right next to the boiler and let it do a tight circuit and let the mucky stuff go around the heating system. The problem has been a heat exchanger which has decent sized pathways thro it and of course two pumps but there is one cause I found it - but its on a computer thats gone lala and is for service - is this a good idea ?

Reply to The dreaded F.9... a question regarding flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back