Search the forum,

Discuss The Thalidomide Scandal, BBc 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Have you ever seen/heard a grown man cry?
I have just been watching BBC2, The THALIDOMDE Scandal and I had difficulty holding back the tears. It just confirms to me that Man is going to be responsible for extinguishing himself. Putting profits before anything else. scandalous.

Aye. My mum was offered it when she was pregnant with me, and I thank my lucky stars to this day that she said "no thanks, I'll tough it out". Thanks mum.

had a couple of friends who suffered the consequences, both lovely lasses who overcsme horrendous disabilities to go on and get married and have their own kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Thalidomide Scandal, BBc 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Hi All New here and have a bit of a weird one for you! Installed a concealed shower valve on a job with a rainfall shower head, and a handheld as well. The customer specifically wanted to be able to have both the rainfall and handheld on at the same time, and the supplier i was using only...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with my concealed Ideal Standard Conceala cistern Just don't seem to be able to fix this - the problem is intermittently that the inlet valve will dribble, making a hissing noise. It's been doing this for a while and assumed it was because the syphon seal was leaking very...
Replies
Views
We live in a terraced row (SW London) and our neighbours are currently in the process of finalising their extension. There is a potential drainage issue (their rainwater drainage) for which they have advised us of a course of action to resolve it. Before agreeing, we would like a bit of...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock