Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostat on high rads turnt low in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kitch87

Hi

we have recently had our outhouse converted and we have 2 new radiators and a towel rad out there, It still gets pretty cold out there even though its all insulated now, i was wondering if i could turn my thermostat right up and adjust my radiators in the main house to a low setting, so the rads were always ticking over in the new conversion. Is this ok to do or would the combi boiler be running all the timwe?

Who sized the two new rads & towel rail ?

And I take it these new ones were just taken off of the existing heating system with no separate zoning?

Without the above the rads would be on and therefore the boiler would be firing to provide the heat for them.

Last edited:
It's off the exsisting system. I basically am asking if its detrimental to control my heating off the trv's. As I would like to heat the new outhouse more often than the original house.

It's off the exsisting system. I basically am asking if its detrimental to control my heating off the trv's. As I would like to heat the new outhouse more often than the original house.

It will be detrimental to your wallet as boiler on to heat rest of house when you only want to heat new outhouse. If you want it to be heated at different times to the house a new zone (valve) would be required & wired to some type of time / temperature controls to allow it to be independent.

Where as your post read as though the outhouse was not heating up to the required temperatures which could either be that the rads selected are not large enough to do the job (hence me asking who selected) or the existing pipe work / boiler is not large enough the supply the additional heating load now.

Ahh sorry for the confusion. The rads heat it ok it's just a much colder area than the main house so when we have it as a bedroom it may require heating even though the main house will not.

or the convertion hasnt had the correct insulation standards adhered to and is losing heat quicker than the rads can warm it.

Thanks for the help guys. One more thing my thermostat doesn't really work as a thermostat more like an on off switch. No matter how cold the house is I have to turn it right up to max before it clicks and the heating will come on. Is that just a dodgy thermostat?

Yes sounds like it.
Get it replaced for a new wired but digital room stat like the Honeywell Digital Room Thermostat DT200.
Might even help with outhouse heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostat on high rads turnt low in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock