Discuss Thermostatic rad valve in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm in Canada, where the standard is NPT. I just put in a heat pump and shut off the hand valves but I want the rads in the room to warm up if the heat pump can't keep up. NPT thermostatic rad valves are available but are hellish expensive. The sizes I have are 3/4" and 1". The system used to be gravity feed but is pumped now. DN20 and DN25 thermo valves from overseas are much less expensive. My question, is there a way to fit the DN style thermostatic valves in place of the NPT hand valves? Could they be replaced with smaller valves?
Pics of current valves as installed.
1 inch valve.jpg

3 4 inch valve.jpg

Reply to Thermostatic rad valve in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Jaga radiators (with heat-exchangers) have their own small fans, that "will modulate down when the room temperature is met – the room temperature...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Back