Discuss Thinking of buying a MAIN boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

Hi

I need a std combi for a small 2 bed terrace. I was thinking of getting a main combi without the extended warranty.

Anyone recommend any other type of boiler or a specific main boiler.

Are there any i should not look at. We have an ariston micro genius and this is terrible. Always going down with error codes. Hence i am going to change it. It is 5 yrs old now and i have decided to just get a new boiler.

Everyone has there own chose of boilers and every make is fitted in their hundreds and thousands.so you will not get a straight answer on what boiler comes were in the top 20

Potterton mains are a decent boiler,comes under Baxi,so good customer support

Surprised you have had so much trouble with the Ariston,look after many and do not give that much trouble with them,they suffer more from lack of street cred that actual unreliability

The main thing is to make sure that the system, the new boilers goes onto, is clean and it is commissioned correctly

Getting a properly qualified person to instal the boiler is not only about legal stuff but also can put years on the life span of the boiler and cut down on breakdown costs

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have to agree. I dont do much else apart from servicing and repair/breakdown. Of 1200 or so customers I have, quite a few have Mains boilers fitted. Other than having to change a pump on one (dirty system), I cant remember the last time I had a breakdown on one. Thats possibly out of about 100 units.

Well the ariston has been a mare. Broke in the first yr as well. It was installed properly as the installer is a mate.

Fitted a Main combi about 4 years ago and the internals are almost exactly the same as the Baxi duotec for a lot less money. Never had any bother with it, so would have one meself

They should have stuck to washing machines!

Now they are bad,had a Ariston washer /Dryer few years back ,as only make I could get at the time that was silver colour,I know,ask the miss's ,never worked right,had them out under warrantee 4 times,in the end ,threw out after 8 months,expensive mistake :sad_smile:

nothing wrong with main combis,ariston microgenus not bad in its day but when it went HE it became unreliable,used to fit lots of ariston wont touch there modern rubbish after the aco boiler they launched was a right lemon,been fitting baxi/main/potterton for a long time very reliable boilers,spares are reasonable,back ups excellent to be fair to heatteam what more do you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thinking of buying a MAIN boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! Parents not used the boiler since 2013/2014, since installing a new wetroom for them they have now decided its worth getting the...
Replies
Views
I've got a non condensing Glowworm Ultimate with gravity tank and hot Water tank in a 4 bed house. 11 radiators 1 double 1400mm length 1 P+...
Replies
Views
I think the last discussion was back in 2021. A few questions to guide any discussion. Which are the cheapest to heat over the year, system or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock