Discuss Tmv on secondary return pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sheff paul

Looking at a refurb job with limited space for fitting tmv under each basin,Architect speced tmv in cylinder cupboard,but the HW is on a pumped secondary.Didnt think you could have a Tmv on the secondary pipework...

No as you still have unmixed hot water bypassing the tmv unless you mix the sr hot I don't see a point

No as you still have unmixed hot water bypassing the tmv unless you mix the sr hot I don't see a point

The Tmv is drawn on top of the unvented cylinder and the secondary feeds back into the incoming cold back into the cylinder

The Tmv is drawn on top of the unvented cylinder and the secondary feeds back into the incoming cold back into the cylinder

Sorry miss read thought he wanted the tmv on the sr, the only issue I can see if there are any outlets far away the water might not be upto temp at the far outlets so you might have to up it at tmv so then the close outlets become over temp

yes its for all outlets, only about 15 metres to the furthest outlet,secondary speced as the taps are only low flow rate so wait is minimal for HW

I'm pretty sure there is a maximum distance from outlet to Tmv and I think it's a lot less than 15 metres

I'm pretty sure there is a maximum distance from outlet to Tmv and I think it's a lot less than 15 metres

Gonna check it out mate,i think your right,not sure it needs tmv fitted as it is low risk,and the disabled toilets have tmv type mixers anyway

Isn't it somthing like under 2m ?

BEAMA are the scheme people now, quick look says for group water that you need to have the mixed temp at the outlet in less than 30 seconds, I presume then that with a secondary return this would be achievable

Course next problem is temp running round under 45oC there is legionella risk factor, which is why they were originally fitted very close to the outlet.

so having a TMV on top of the unvented feeding all the outlets, and being returned back to the cylinder

so having a TMV on top of the unvented feeding all the outlets, and being returned back to the cylinder

What about legionella of the pipwork to the outlets

might bin the tmv,and have HW running round the secondary at cylinder temp,Doc m toilets are sorted anyway,and advise responsible person about fitting hazard signs 'Hot water'

Use the legionella card, always helps for them to make a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tmv on secondary return pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock