Discuss Toilet help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dalegooderham

hi,

i have been told by my builder that the building inspector has told him that there is no room for a manhole in a garage conversion, he told him that he will need a toilet that you can rod the drain! has anyone got any knowledge of this?

Whom said what to whom,
Are you converting an existing garage to living accommodation,

if you need to rod a toilet drain, without removing the toilet, just put the toilet waste into a 4" t instead of an elbow, with a rodding eye on top.

dosnt make sense what youve been told, what are the circumstances ?

shaun

The regs usually work out for an inspector chamber at every change of direction in the drain.

It is a garage conversion to a shower and toilet room, the inspector has said that the builder can not put in an inspection chamber because of space problems, the drain runs the length of the garage and we thought we would be able to insert the chamber.
The inspector has told him that we should put the toilet in with rodding facillities, is the solution then: - we put in a 100mm tee with eye for rodding, would that look intrusive? is there an alternative?
There is no change of direction, just a new pipe (Toilet shower & basin) to join to the existing drain which runs through the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
run from the existing drain use a branch to rise to the wc and then a bend to run up to a flush to floor rodding eye which could be extended away from the wc The main thing is that you can rod down to the junction with the existing drain

Thanks for that Steve, I will do what you advise, much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock