Discuss Toilet keeps running, also what type of toilet is this? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I fix what I can around the house myself and have fixed a few toilets but I need help with this one.

This toilet keeps running and stopping, running and stopping, etc. I've cleaned the rubber flapper itself and at the point that it contacts the reservoir, so I don't think it's leaking from there and I've watched all the korky fill valve videos, nada. Any help would be amazing!

Also, can someone explain to me why the previous owner stuck the fill tube into an actual tube and stuck it in that hole? What does that hole do? I don't want to mess with something I didn't set up to begin with. There are also holes in the back of the toilet that allows the water to overflow behind the toilet?

Any and all help is appreciated but please keep in mind that I don't know all the plumbing lingo.

I attached multiple pictures as well.

Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

• IMG_7616.jpg
    IMG_7616.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7605.jpg
    IMG_7605.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7606.jpg
    IMG_7606.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7607.jpg
    IMG_7607.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Lou

Reply to Toilet keeps running, also what type of toilet is this? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, as is the toilet my toilet once flashed just keeps running when I move the blue float up-and-down The toilet will stop running and refil as...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have a Grundfos SoloLift2 WC1 on a toilet and since a few months the impeller keeps getting stuck. I was quite happy to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Got a streak of ice on the brickwork outside underneath the upstairs toilet cisterns overflow outlet which I only noticed as it's sub zero. Seems...
Replies
Views
Evening all! Looking for a bit of help. Today my downstairs toilet gurgled when I put the tap on in the bathroom, The toilet filled and became...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock