Discuss Toilet seat query. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katatutu

Got a call from a tennant saying that the toilet seat has come off. They have sent the following pictures. Does this look like a job a non plumber could do - or is best to call in someone. I am clearly not a plumber. Would the toilet need to come out to get underneath the holes? It is in a block of flats.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii119/kata_tutu/Plumbing/IMGP1516.jpg
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii119/kata_tutu/Plumbing/IMGP1515.jpg

IMGP1515.jpg

IMGP1516.jpg

well your not touching water so a standard DIYer should be okay

taking the fixings of and take it all down to your local merchant or B and Q and get a new seat

Does it look like the toilet needs to come out to get under the holes though?

looks like a normal close coupled set to me should be able to get at the bottom of the seat fixings.

Love the jimjams and tiny feet!!

Mucky job but DIY. You'd probably have to phone 3-4 plumbers before one would say he'd do the job. It's not the difficulty, just the lack of reasonable profit to be made as most people would query a £50 call out (plus £20 plus for the seat). If it goes quickly it should only take 10-15 minutes. Little tip ... before you install new seat, give the pan a really good clean around the hinges as it makes all the difference when fixed.

If you cant get underneath just get a BLIND HOLE FIXING SET (PAIR) FOR TOP FIX £5.94 from Plumb Center part E40597.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet seat query. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock