Discuss Toilet waste lower than soil pipe in wall by 50mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gimbers

DSCF5241.JPGDSCF5244.JPGDSCF5243.JPG

Hello All. I have been reading a few threads on the forum, notably "Offset toilet waste connector (small offset)?" in the main Plumbing Forum, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts to help me?

I want to replace the toilet in my bathroom. Presently the toilet sits on a 50mm wooden plinth - naff - to get the waste pipe that would normally be at 190mm from the floor to 240mm from the floor to mate with the waste pipe coming out of the wall.

In the attached picture ending 241 you can see there is a 5.25in ceramic pipe coming out of the wall at a slight angle. It looks like someone has stuffed/jammed a plastic pipe inside this (I measure it to be 98mm). Into this fits an adaptor (pic 244) that transforms this into the horizontal plane and to fit the 110 output of the toilet.

I've been to a few stores and all the wastes I have measured are 190mm or less from the floor. Is there an adaptor, such as the McAlpine WC-CON4A or similar, that will enable me to fit such a toilet without it being on a plinth? Or does anyone know where to find a toilet with a higher waste? Looking for something traditional, not modern.

Or could I remove the 98mm pipe stuffed in the 5.25in one and put in an adaptor that goes horizontal sooner, hence lowering the height?

The 5.25in pipe is internal to the building, so changing it would be a nightmare. The house was built in the 20s, so surely this is a common prob?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
gimbers

You have the following options:

Source a WC with a waste at 240mm (there are some out there but you will have to do some reserach)

Chop out the existing waste pipe, modify soil stack so that branch is lower and put new pipe in at lower level.

Build the WC up on a plinth / raised section of floor.

You cannot put a lower wc than the waste pipe as the loo will not flush properly, will block up, water level will be too high in the pan and you risk leaking where the connector fits on.

Your only other alternative is if you can get a connector with a narrower diameter tube such as WC-con2 on the McAlpine page http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/productlist.asp to sit horizontally to meet the WC pan.

Last edited:
hi interesting + recent thread

i too, have the same issue. have tried to source a 240 waste height outflow loo - with GREAT [sorry for shout] difficulty. Even a couple of end of line sellers cant help

any definitive suppliers of these non standard wc or website to buy

thx

What is the centre measurement of the cast iron pipe where it first comes out if the wall. If you cut it back will this lower it enough?.

is a wall hung pan out of the question ? you can change that boxing to be able to hide the concealed cistern... you may have to bring it further out from the wall and make it higher, but it is an option.

as mredd says ,often when collar removed soil inlet often reduced to about right height

Use a wall hung toilet with a enclosed frame, looks really modern and I've fitted loads of these without any problems. Alternatively raise the whole floor with ply and tile it, but you'll have a wee step at the door.

i would suggest the wall hung pan, they look the part and are easy to install plus you can put them at any height you wnat really but usally 220-240

I had this problem when I replaced the WC in our home. The soil stack was cast iron and it came through the wall about 50mm higher than the new WC outlets. Luckily ours was external so I just replaced the soil stack with a PVC one and ran it through the cavity wall at the right height. Yours looks like a pain in the rear to sort! I would go for some sort of plinth or as already suggested, a wall-hung pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet waste lower than soil pipe in wall by 50mm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock