Discuss toilet waste through floor: options? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rsb123

Cloakroom on ground floor has waste pipe exiting through concrete floor. Pipe starts 11cm from wall (so 16cm on centre). Can I get most any P trap toilet and a swan neck or flexi connector or do I have to go with the old style non-close-coupled toilets? thanks

IMAG0189.jpg

I doubt you'll get a close couple for that

If you get a close-coupled and it's slightly out you could always build a false wall with a shelf.

Space saver will only work if the footprint of the WC pan would not foul with the hole when up against the wall, and if there is enough clearance to get the space saver in there!

Safest stick with low level

Twyford used to do a close coupled that was around 160 centre.
Don't know if they still do it.

Thanks for the advice guys - I think I've decided to box out from wall so I can use a nice modern close coupled toilet with a 90 degree (down) connector. I can't see paying £250 or more for a basic (ie. white plastic flush pipe) low level wc that I will hate.

I know boxing behind toilet can end up looking naff, but I think I can keep the box just to width/height of cistern and paint it the same as wall so it's not as noticeable.

you could have a concealed cistern if your boxing out, will look even nicer with only the pan showing and the cistern inside the boxing

Yes, we were looking at those modular concealed cistern units, but they all seem to be about 20-25cm deep, so front panel would sit right on top of soil pipe hole instead of in front of it. I'll give it a second look though down at the diy shop.

you could have a concealed cistern if your boxing out, will look even nicer with only the pan showing and the cistern inside the boxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to toilet waste through floor: options? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock