Discuss Total system design prior to going to tender? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

farfrae

Hi just seeking advice. Please excuse me if this is not the correct thread.

I'm just about to start a large refurbishment on my property and will shortly be going out to tender for the work. The plumbing will include the installation of new UFH, a new oil boiler, solar hot water and new hot and cold water services etc. What I want to do is ensure that the whole system is correctly designed and specified to achieve the correct temperatures etc. Initially I spoke to one of the larger suppliers of UFH systems who said that they could design and guarantee the system etc. but they have not done much more than specify the UFH element of the work.

Speaking to companies like Worcester Bosch they tell me to contact their approved installers who will be able to spec the system and give me a price. Which isn't quite what I want as my architect needs to be able to put a standard spec into a tender document for all the contractors to quote on.

Are there any companies who will provide a comprehensive specification for a complete system? Or should I be doing something different to ensure that I get a satifactory integrated system that performs correctly?

I would welcome any helpful comments. Many thanks.

Get drawings done by a consultant and have the drawings tendered for

most boiler manufactures can produce drawings and specification if you use there products. Well they will for building companies and plumbing firms for sure. Have you tried calling any manufactures and asking for drawings? you will need to be able to tell them roughly what you want and where.

also most large scale heating firms will be able to produce a design/drawing package. My old firm did, they charged for the drawings and then if you had the work installed by themselves then you would get the cost back off the install cost.

if not then you may find an independant consulant to do them. either way unless your lucky you will have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Total system design prior to going to tender? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock