Discuss Towel rail element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dm65

Afternoon chaps and chappesses

I have replaced a bathroom rad with a shiny new dual fuel towel rad (Kudox)

My issue is that no matter what I do, I cannot get the element even hand tight - always about a quarter to half a turn off

If I was to tighten fully, the pipe entry would be out of line and end up with the valve at some weird angle in relation to the rad itself (would actually end up behind the rad !)

Would love to attach a pic but am unable to for some reason :(

Am I missing some sort of fitting trick here ?

Btw, I have had the heating on at 1.5bar and it isn't leaking but I like things tight :) and aren't comfortable leaving it the way it is

Sorry guys, didn't touch the rad as i got distracted - will try that Loctite tomorrow

Hopefully croppie will attach an image for me which will give you an example (just one) of what lurks in my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel rail element in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had no end of trouble recently fitting a heated towel rail. First problem is tightening the fittings so that it is tight in the correct...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have an Eastbrook Hurley towel radiator and fitting it as a dual fuel, with pipes coming out of the wall. I've been advised to...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I’ve installed a new towel radiator and I’m trying to fit the valves but I’ve come unstuck and need some help. I’ve bought new angled...
Replies
Views
Hi all, please could anyone help me with the following issue im having. I will start off with listing the scenario in case it helps. Boiler -...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I hope someone might be able to help me please. I have recently paid a fortune to have my en suite shower room refitted and part of...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock