Discuss Towel rail installation in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

I have had no end of trouble recently fitting a heated towel rail. First problem is tightening the fittings so that it is tight in the correct position/orientation for the flow/return pipework, these have o rings for sealing but are not always water tight at the correct position. Also some of the other joints are not sealing even having used ptfe tape, is there a liquid sealer that is used to ensure these joints seal first time as I am fed up with fitting and then removing this towel rail. Any help would be appreciated.Ta

22-25 wraps of ptfe

The problem with some towel rails are they only have a few threads to to screw into.
The rubber o-ring should be enough, unless the face of where you are screwing is not flat - which is often.

I roll the PTFE into a string and put quite a few threads of PTFE close to the rubber o-ring and then tighten it up.

Seems to work

Reply to Towel rail installation in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock