Discuss trading names in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
can you advertise using any name ?you often see companies with one name trading as blah blah, just thinking of catchy titles for adverts and companies advertise in one name then sub the work

I advertise as one name and ltd company as another but small print saying t/a

Depends it it's regestiered and if it's trade marked

Anyone can have TM (trade mark) next to a name – feel free. Having ® which is registered tread mark next to a name without registering it is illegal.

be careful with gas safe, I put up a website in another name and on the website i said 'all our engineers are gas safe' with the gas safe logo
gas safe got some seriously threatening lawyers on me and made out if i didnt remove the logo or register this new website as a new company and give them £400 they'd have me in brixton prison being taken from behind by charles bronson

as you can see neither of my websites now mention gas safe

Last edited:
always wondered this .. great post. Im thinking of doing another website but was worried about the old tax man etc .. so if i make it clear its a trading name of me everything should be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trading names in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock