Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Msec I would like to be in the plumbing trade probably employed, not looking to much into them I applied and they give me all the crap about doing a favour for me and I might not get accepted you know, but pulled out bow he is meeting me Thursday to return my deposit but it's hard to know which path to take to get into the trade I have an interview soon at a local college

Hi, my advice would be that if you are looking for employment then I would definatly go to college. I would say T4TS is much more targeted to people wanting to set up themselves (several of the modules are on business, accounts, marketing etc.), unfortunatly a salesman on commision isn't always going to make that clear! Thats not to say that there is anything wrong with the course, I am currently doing the plumbing course and enjoying it, however I am currently a self emloyed electrician so I am doing this to expand my business. I will never have to apply for a job as a plumber so the quals are not really the issue.

Obviously, personal circumstances may dictate that college is not an option, plus at some point you are going to have to find a placement. Unfortunatly, this really is the only way of becoming an industry recognised qualified plumber. There really is no 'fasttrack' into any skilled trade. If you can afford to do it I would get the details of as many plumbers/firms as you can and send in your CV, maybe trying to get on as a trainee. Follow that up with a call a few days later and see what feedback you get. If nothing, then maybe working for free occasionally around other work to get some experience. Hope this helps, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Wonder why such a "reputable" company would have logos on their paperwork(constuction skills,bpec,e-skills etc) when they have no permission to do it.

Hi, where did you get this info from? These logos don't appear on the paperwork I have, they are also not on the website though obvioulsy they may have been before.

Also funny that the loan to pay the course comes from a company in the same street who appear to have board members that are on both companies,just saying like...

This is a very very common business practice, carried out by most large companies that organise finance. Usually a bank subsidary is involved somewhere, in this case I believe it is Barclays. Me and the wife sold our car last year to webuyanycar.com. Their office was INSIDE Carcraft. Were we under any illusions that they are 2 different companies? No, our car wil have gone straight from webuyanycar.com onto the Carcraft forecourt to be sold, on finance, for a large profit. When we bought our house the mortgage brokers office was inside the estate agents, I don't think there is anything underhand in it really.

I've joined the course in December with false information, he said I would be qualified within 9 months and go away for just two weeks for the assessment cause most of the training is done through 3D scenario. In march I found out that's it's 13 weeks away and the accommodation is not all payed for. I now have a daughter which will make it hard for me to afford to take time of work, Its also affecting me to get a mortgage with my partner, I've asked them if I can cancel the course cause I'm not that far Into it and they refuse without care of my situation, being so stupid to sign up for this is the biggest mistake of my life so far and I hope

I can really sympathise, they don't give a monkeys about peoples personal circumstances. I hadn't even started course and they wouldn't cancel Train for Trade Skills are just in it for the money they don't care about the people!!!!

I thought Carcraft main stakeholders were RBS not Barclays?

Hi everyone was looking for some help im due to meet the guy for train 4 skills tomorrow and after reading some off the views on this im having 2nd thoughts....I would like to know if the company is worht the money. also i will be traing towards my CITY OF GUILDS LEVEL 2 and DiPloma in plumbing and heating 6199-11. What exatley ARE these qualifications?will i be a fully qualified plumber? would i.e would i be able to fix electric showers, boilers etc etc or will it be the basics?

are you employed in the industry and or will they get you work? without that you will not complete, read the samll print

Thanks fuzzy so just to confirm

City of GuildsNVQ level 2 diploma in Plumbing and heating 6189-11 (Im in scotland) Is a qualified plumber?

yes, qualified in basic plumbing, many places ask for advanced, which is l3

I found them good the only bad thing i found talking to other trainees was the price difference we all payed for the same course , but the training was good i went to Featherstone

thanks guys after speaking to the guy its NVQ level 3 i get trained in :)

you can get trained but you will NOT succeed without employment. you will not pass unless you pass all aspects of NVQ3, theres alot to it mate, ALOT, it aint going to be a quick fix. Most people who do fast track only do 6129 Tech Cert, taking on NVQ3 is a big ask, and as said you need employment/work experience

be careful, trained in and assessed in can be different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back