Search the forum,

Discuss Transit van running on lpg in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

Any thoughts please

Remember its a petrol engine not a diesel so watch the mileage and some people charge an arm and leg to service lpg vehicles. Had a Granada running on both in the 80"s and couldn`t tell any difference when switched to gas performance wise.

To buy one already done, a good idea, to buy one to do , maybe not , depending on your mileage.
my pal has a range rover with the conversion done, he loves it

Check it's installed by a certified installer. And check the certificate.

Used to have one, got it new in 2003. Put 120,000 trouble free miles on it.
Great van but make sure your on LPG as much as possible, it's fooking expensive when switched to petrol.
not as much power when on LPG, or as much torque as a diesel. Also tanks are fitted wher the spare wheel normally is. The spare is fitted to the side, inside the van.
no congestion charge either.

Had a vauxhall combo kept burning the valves had them renewed twice gave up third time it happened. And that was a factory conversion from vauxhall. Only
earned later. They were ****e unless low mileage mine had done about 140k.

If it's got a door decal that looks a bit like a green leaf, it's factory fitted.they will do about 22/25 to the gallon. But as it's nearly half the price of petrol. That's equivalent of 44-50 mpg!

another downside is filling the tanks with LPG can be a bit slow.

I'm thinking about a new van looking at a 05 plate vito 110 45 k miles

Used to have one, got it new in 2003. Put 120,000 trouble free miles on it.
Great van but make sure your on LPG as much as possible, it's fooking expensive when switched to petrol..

Think you have to use a tank of petrol to 3 or 4 tanks of gas can`t remember why or of it`s still relevent as this was 30 yrs back

Mercedes benz Vito was thinking of a transit not sure really had my vivaro for 3 years got some niggles just has a clutch and just passed 100 k

You can convert some diesel engines prob older ones to run on veggie oil. But they do need a heater element installed to thin the oil. Or you can add a bit of turps to it that works aswell. Dont think newer engines would like it though

What you guys drive recommend

Ive got a Toyota hiace, crude but dead reliable. The new Toyota is a peugout with Toyota badges on. If I was renewing, I'd have a vw or a merc or even a Hyundai I load with the five year warranty.

used to run my expert on veggie oil when I worked next to sainsburys a lot easier nipping in there than finding a garage on the way home, read up on the web about it apparently if I did it on my 2.0 HDI engine it would splode into a million pieces it's still going strong now so it can't be that bad for your engine, fuel pump or whatever its supposed to bugger up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Transit van running on lpg in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Hi all I need to run this CH pipework to a radiator located beyond the electric wiring in the image below. Just to be safe I was wondering if there are any rules / distances, etc I need to be following when avoiding the wiring? Many thanks. P
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock