Search the forum,

Discuss trapped air in boiler heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

longshanks

Hello.
I have just had my boiler serviced and the service guy answered a question I asked by telling me that I had trapped air bubbles in the heat exchanger and that there is a chemical treatment you can buy to put in the system but he could not remember it's name is he correct and what is it called.
regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Fernox F2 noise reducer or sentinel X200 noise reducer, both very good for what you want.
If system symtoms persists you'll need a full flush, maybe powerflush.

its probably more likely to be 'kettleing' you can hear caused by sludge and scale , the chemicals aggis has suggested will sort this out for you , if it was air it could be cleared by surging the pump or 'boiling it up':)

Many thanks for both your reply's
Ferret, what is "surging the pump or boiling it up"
regards

You're prob best just adding chemicals, leave the boiling up to proffesionals

It all involves getting the system over hot & surging the pump at certain times [ on & off],

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trapped air in boiler heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock