Search the forum,

Discuss TRV control assistance please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends,

I have a TRV valve on a bathroon rad. The control peice that you twist is broken and keeps falling off, it looks like a cheap plastic one where the plastic inside has a broken piece.

Anyway the screw piece is intact (to where it screws onto the actual valve).

Do U need to change the whole valve or when I but a new TRV later can I just use the control head an dscrew this onto the valve? I suppose I am asking if these are mostly the same?

Cheers

Rocket

If you get the same trv yes you can change the head
But you can bye trv heads only if you know the brand email them and ask. Who stockes there. Trv heads

Ok, nice one, it looks like a cheap plastic one but I'll take the head with me and see if I can try some out as I'd prefer a better make so it lasts.

Cheers

If you want a different brand then you will have to change the hole valve

Ok, Thx. I'll go to have a look. Not difficult to change the whole valve but would be easier to just attach another head,

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV control assistance please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock