Search the forum,

Discuss Turbomax crazy buzzing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
My bros trusty old vaillant turbomax (black fascia green dial type) has started to play up! It's developed a crazy buzzing fault & wont ignite, fan is running okay...

when it's doing the crazy loud vibrating buzz it's coming from the gas valve, the spares parts code lists this item & calls it a gas operator, would this fix it or should I purchase the complete valve?

image.jpg

solenoids are failing,that will be the buzzing noise,its the large black bit bolted to the gas valve

Its intermittent at the moment...

I pulled the connector off the solenoid expecting the fan to run & lockout hoping the silence would prove it was this faulty, but the burner lit up!? Is it normal for the burner to light with the solenoid disconnected!?

do as my daughter advices in this situation, employ an expert :)

Solenoid is easy to test, ring technical, ask for solenoid resistance values and test with multimeter, if outside of range there's a break somewhere in the solenoid. This is dead testing of course, no power!

Solenoid is easy to test, ring technical, ask for solenoid resistance values and test with multimeter, if outside of range there's a break somewhere in the solenoid. This is dead testing of course, no power!

Pfft, I'd rather pull teeth than wait on vaillants technical line... It would be quicker to send a carrier pigeon

You could just test it cold, if it reads open circuit it needs replacing anyway. The voltage operator (solenoid) looks fairly simple to replace, usually connect with power lead and screw/bolt washer type assembly

Just be aware that if it is the valve pictured, it's 200v DC. No second chance if you poke the hot bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Turbomax crazy buzzing! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock