Search the forum,

Discuss Twin Impeller Pumps & IP Rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The box which houses the electric connections on the pump itself, are they IP rated to resist water splashes?

Should be on the motor label IP67 is splashproof, IP68 is rated as continuous submersion.

Should be on the motor label IP67 is splashproof, IP68 is rated as continuous submersion.
As a general rule are they? I'd have thought so :/ I'll Google it but just though I'd ask if they were or not.

I installed/replaced one today and it got a few splashes from residual water from pipes. Put the fuse back in the spur, confirmed 240v going to the pump and pump didn't kick in when I ran the taps/shower (it's a bath/shower mixer tap).

Guess you`ll have to google the pump you fitted as would expect it to vary from one manufacture to another. WD40, wet vac and hairdryer usually dries the electrics out if need be.

Guess you`ll have to google the pump you fitted as would expect it to vary from one manufacture to another. WD40, wet vac and hairdryer usually dries the electrics out if need be.
Cheers rpm, will keep that in mind ;)

IP67 is: Protected against the effects of temporary immersion between 15cm and 1m. Duration of test 30 minutes.

I think IP44 would be the rating it would have. Don't quote me though [emoji14]

It's rated as IPX2 which is not dirt or foreign body protected but protected against direct sprays of water up to 15o*from the vertical

Another thing about this didn't make sense. The pump has isolators on each flexi on the inlet and outlets. Just out of curiosity I turned them all off and still got water flowing freely from the tap/shower. I would have thought if I isolated either the inlet or the outlet I wouldn't get anything from the tap?

If all 4 isolators were turned off then the only water left would be in the pipe from the iso to the tap/shower so doesn`t make sense to me either.

Another thing about this didn't make sense. The pump has isolators on each flexi on the inlet and outlets. Just out of curiosity I turned them all off and still got water flowing freely from the tap/shower. I would have thought if I isolated either the inlet or the outlet I wouldn't get anything from the tap?

So you're saying on all four flexible hoses it has isolators?

If all 4 isolators were turned off then the only water left would be in the pipe from the iso to the tap/shower so doesn`t make sense to me either.
Exactly. The pipework from the pump to the bath can't be more than 2m, I ran the tap for about 15 seconds without a drop in flow.

Makes no sense.

It's just dawned on me :/ I didn't check but the property has 2 showers on the same floor. The pump is in one bathroom under the basin which I assumed would feed the shower in the bathroom that it's in. Maybe it was feeding the shower in the 2nd bathroom... Dammit!!

Exactly. The pipework from the pump to the bath can't be more than 2m, I ran the tap for about 15 seconds without a drop in flow.

Makes no sense.

It's just dawned on me :/ I didn't check but the property has 2 showers on the same floor. The pump is in one bathroom under the basin which I assumed would feed the shower in the bathroom that it's in. Maybe it was feeding the shower in the 2nd bathroom... Dammit!!

:bulb2: :30:

So it worked out that the pump was indeed feeding the shower in the other room and not the shower where the pump was installed. The pipework was also air locked which is why the pump didn't start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Twin Impeller Pumps & IP Rating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock