Search the forum,

Discuss Two pump multiple zone wiring diagram with pump overrun and mid position valve in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

craigskelly

I had an original central heating/hot water system incorporating a single pump, single room stat and a mid-position valve. I have now built an extension and extended the heating system so that I have 2 pumps and an additional 3 zones each controlled with its own valve and stat. There is a single Potterton EP2 programmer which controls both systems.
I wired and tested the new system as a standalone entity and it worked fine but I am having a few issues when I integrate both systems which in the main appear to work correctly except when I need to boost the heat outside normal operating times. When I do this I have found that I need to "boost" the hot water as well in order to get the heating to come on. I have a number of relays controlling the system including one used for pump overrun and there must be a simple wiring issue but rather than me spend a lot of time fault finding/checking through my drawings, does anyone have a wiring diagram that would suit my setup i.e. multiple zones, two pumps, single controller, mid position valve, pump overrun feed? I would have posted my drawings here but they are not in a format (at the moment at least) to be able to do that.

The problem is Ermintrude that a have a series of drawings that will only make sense to me at the moment as I haven't integrated them yet - some are little more than scrawls. I am an electrical engineer so will be able to work my way through this but I have come up with the design from scratch and it would probably have been easier to request a copy of a proven design at the beginning. Hopefully someone will see this post and will send me a suitable drawing!

Hi there mate, it sounds like you've a simple enough system I take it you've now zone 1 existing heating zone 2 extension and zone 3 hot water ?? Or is it upstairs , downstairs and hot water , .? You say you've 1 controller, i take it its 3 channel ?
Wed need more info before hazarding a guess but I'd look at the programmer if the issues only when advancing,

Kris,
I have a zone for hot water, a zone for the old pre-extension heating plus another three for the new extension. The latter three zones are on a separate pump. With regards to the controller, I assume you would class it as 2 channel (hot water + heating). I did have an issue with the old controller which was randomly simultaneously send 220V out on the HW OFF and HW ON at the same time - I couldn't work out why the boiler kept operating in the middle of the night for the hot water - anyway, I solved that problem by changing out the controller.
Looking on the net today, I seem to have a Y Plan setup or perhaps more aptly a Y Plan Plus!!!!
I believe I only have the problem with the advance as during timed periods the HW and CH are on for the same time. Guess this means the CH is relying on the HW to provide 220V to my relays somewhere!
I think I will just have to carry on making my way through the wiring diagrams - I have found one issue already!

Danny,
Yes, may have been easier to go with an S Plan Plus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two pump multiple zone wiring diagram with pump overrun and mid position valve in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock