Search the forum,

Discuss Two pumps on a heat only boiler quotation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows

I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well

I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating of the hot water cylinder

What am I missing to trust thhis enginner? It a one pipe system with 3 inch steel pipework which is why this one is tricky

To change the boiler, install Vaillant magnetic filter.
✓ Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 438
✓ Vaillant horizontal flue
✓ Vaillant magnetic filter
✓ run new condense pipe to outside
✓ reconfigure pipework for hydronic separation
✓ install new Grundfoss 15-60 pump for boiler
✓ install new Grundfoss 25- 100 pump for heating system
✓ system inhibitor
✓ Registration of the new boiler with Gas Safe
✓ Registration of the boiler with Vaillant
✓ 10-year warranty with Vaillant (annual service required)
TOTAL : £5000 plus VAT
ADDITIONAL:
Should we be able to separate hot water and heating, we will need to add the
following
✓ 2x 28mm Honeywell zone valves
✓ Vaillant wired weather compensation sensor
✓ Vaillant load compensation SensoHOME room thermostat
✓ Vaillant wiring center.
✓ Re wire your heating system for new controls
✓ Registration of the boiler controls with Vaillant
✓ 10 years warranty on the controls
TOTAL: £850 plus VAT

Condensing boilers don’t really like one pipe systems also won’t run the same as you have will be cooler hence why he’s put on a low loss header and two pumps one for the heating from the header and one for the boiler

Tbh it’s a big expense but I would re pipe and new rads etc

It seems a shame that a commercial sized heating system (3 inch steel pipework) is going to come out and be replaaced with 22mm plastic for a repipe - Quite apart from the hassle of all floors up

Is there any benefit in keeping a one pipe system which works with a floor standing boiler and useing the wide pipework I have at the moment ?

It seems a shame that a commercial sized heating system (3 inch steel pipework) is going to come out and be replaaced with 22mm plastic for a repipe - Quite apart from the hassle of all floors up

Is there any benefit in keeping a one pipe system which works with a floor standing boiler and useing the wide pipework I have at the moment ?

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp (if you have to thread through joists) a lot better than plastic and less crap in the system from the steelside

Reply to Two pumps on a heat only boiler quotation in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
I am considering replacing my existing boiler with the new 2023 Vaillant ecotec plus 625 boiler. I currently have 3 x Heatmiser neoStat thermostats that are all hard wired back to the wiring centre; one for the central heating, one for a room with UFH, and one for the HW. I use the Heatmiser...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2 pump running at its 8M head to feed 21 rads with a theoretical output of 25kw at a 20C dT. A fairly old Vaillant 438 boiler is being replaced, the...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi boiler that was installed just over 6 years ago. It has been serviced annually, the most recent service being about 2 months ago. The controller is a Vaillant VRT 350f wireless type. Recently a spanner symbol and a “Service Heat Generator” message have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock