Discuss two semi rigid steel connectors on gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tod

Hi Guys,

Quick question, how would you treat two semi rigid steel connectors on gas meter.

All appliances are operating properly and all tightness tests etc have passed.

There are also no signs of corrosion on the pipework....

thanks

Yes exactly, what i wnated to know is can the LL leave it or would you need to do something about it?

ie: Ncs or AR... as it is definatley not allowed

BS6400 2006,
8.9.2 says "only 1 pliable (semi rigid) connection shall be used" on a meter installation

its not allowed but its also not AR or ID, so it'll be ncs

dont we just inform the transporter that there is a property with 2 semi rigids and they then send out and change them over.

is'nt there a technical Bulletin about this?

The transporter won't do anything as there will always be one flexi to a meter on the inlet - everything after the inlet is down to the home owner so its just NCS

Technical bulletin 084 ---- NCS---and the customer to contact the supplier to get it sorted, we're all correct.

I'm somewhat baffled why they would say contact the supplier. The meter standard shows the flexi on the inlet and rigid on the outlet, so if you have two flexis surely the outlet is wrong and it's the home owner/landlord who would correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to two semi rigid steel connectors on gas meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
hi i am currently moving home and i have been told by a plumber that the enc pipework into/out of this gas box would not pass a gas safety test. I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I currently have an external water meter (which is a sub-meter) of my neighbours meter. The mains supply runs into their garden and then...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi just been to check a family members boiler and I’m getting just over 25mbar working pressure at the meter and 22mbar inlet pressure at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock