Search the forum,

Discuss UK vs French Radiator Valve Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taylops

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member looking for some advice on radiator valve pipe sizes. I intend to buy some replacement radiators and valves but as I live in (SW) France need to be sure that the new items will fit my existing central heating system. I have looked at my existing radiator valves and it looks like they are all 1/2" fittings with an incoming 12mm pipe. I have noticed that most of the valves sold in UK stipulate a 15mm pipe connection. So, my question is, are valves (thermostatic) with a 12mm pipe connection available within the UK and if so, where is the best place to buy them?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

BES sell 15mm to 12mm endfeed reducers for about 30p each. I don't know of any 12mm TRV's

If I rember rightly in France the copper pipes are 16 mm instead of 15mm like uk pipes so you would need adaptors whatever you use safer to buy French valves as they will be correctly sized.

Thanks guys. There is quite a range of pipes available down here. They come in sizes ranging from 10mm to 22mm depending on the flow required. Our runs are 22mm directly from the boiler with 12mm distributions. I think you are correct - it is probably better to buy the valves down here with the 12mm pipe connections so long as they fit to the UK supplied radiators. Out of interest, the reason I am buying out of UK is because of the incredible price differential between UK and France. For example, the Potterton Pro Max Ultra (28kW) I am buying in UK is around 900 Pounds but the price of the equivalent down here is 2800 Euros (around 2300 Pounds). Obviously, I am having it fitted and signed off by a French registered plumber....!

I would be very happy if they were :0) However, it seems to be the norm that they are at least twice the price of their UK equivalent (at least, in my experience). I think most of this is the lack of competition in France as some of prices I have obtained directly from the agent are already incredible without the installers percentage (if they buy on your behalf). My attitude is that everyone is entitled to make a profit but there comes a point where it becomes an (unacceptable) joke!

Are boilers bought in the UK legal to be fitted in France?
Don't most boilers in the UK state that they are only to be fitted in the UK? That's why they need a CE mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UK vs French Radiator Valve Connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock