Search the forum,

Discuss unanswered doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
This is an issue that does my head in ! I must get a phone call a week where someone asks for a repair on small leak I tell them when I will be out and when I arrive I dont get an answer at the door or phone.
Its starting to do my head in and I know what's happening someone else is doing it saying dont bother getting a plumb I can do it for a tenner.

My issue is my time and petrol costs at doing this wasted time over month ans yearis running at a loss

Has anyone actually invoiced for this sort of wasted time or bfore arranging a time told the cost of a no show by them will bw changeable?

Yep, invoice through the door for wasted time, but only if its a new customer. If its an existing one then I will just call them later for a chat.

Take a £40 deposit. Then atleast u get the genuine ones. Explain why you need a deposit. Or take their card details before u start and get permission to charge.

Its just one of those thinks we have to put up with, but at the end of the day the people that deliberately dont answer the door in my mind arent worth having as genuine customers and at least you wont do any more work for them , you tend to find that its never your regulars as theyd have more respect for you and atleast give you a courtesy call

Its just one of those thinks we have to put up with, but at the end of the day the people that deliberately dont answer the door in my mind arent worth having as genuine customers and at least you wont do any more work for them , you tend to find that its never your regulars as theyd have more respect for you and atleast give you a courtesy call

Why is it one of those things ?
Personally dont see why its acceptable to waste cost people money and time

We ring the customer when on the way with an eta which most customers like and sometimes they say "Oh I forgot to cancell" which I don`t mind too much as it saves the travel time and costs but if there is no answer to the phone call the office tell us to go anyway and put a card through the door which I think is a total waste of time and money.

We ring the customer when on the way with an eta which most customers like and sometimes they say "Oh I forgot to cancell" which I don`t mind too much as it saves the travel time and costs but if there is no answer to the phone call the office tell us to go anyway and put a card through the door which I think is a total waste of time and money.
We could be working for the same firm.

This is an issue that does my head in ! I must get a phone call a week where someone asks for a repair on small leak I tell them when I will be out and when I arrive I dont get an answer at the door or phone.
Its starting to do my head in and I know what's happening someone else is doing it saying dont bother getting a plumb I can do it for a tenner.

My issue is my time and petrol costs at doing this wasted time over month ans yearis running at a loss

Has anyone actually invoiced for this sort of wasted time or bfore arranging a time told the cost of a no show by them will bw changeable?

When I book a customer for a visit I remind them 24h earlier .... If they can't keep appointment they usually sent message back ...

That is bang out of order !!! Save there numbers and addresses and send them the scrap removing lads (the one that wear white vests) to quote for new there drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to unanswered doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of a long, steep hill. We struggle with very high and often fluctuating (around 7 bar) water pressure, which wreaks havoc with our water heaters. I've...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock