Search the forum,

Discuss Under Sink Water Heater for Church in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dontknowitall

Only used on Sundays of course (well one or two other days a week as well) ...

I've been asked to find an instantaneous water heater (under the sink type) to supply the kitchen sink (washing up coffee cups, etc) and the WC's basin.

I'm assuming that something like the Redring Powerstream 9.5Kw is suitable.

Does anyone know if it makes a difference using a standard kitchen mixer tap instead of separate hot and cold taps?

There is no problem, it would seem, unless it is too difficult to get the cold supply close enough to the hot. In which case a monobloc would probably be best, wouldn't you say?

why not go for a 15litre undersink unvented, only 3kw=== 9.5kw means 10mm t&e as against just plug in.

Thank you for the replies. I'm afraid I'm still not much the wiser but I'm not dismissing any of the above - more research required methinks!

Zip aqualine 3 or Santon Aqualine ,Heatrae sadia Multipoint to name a few.
As previously said eletricity supply to consider usually 3kw can be run from an existing fused spur.
15litre should be fine for a sink and whb-If its a church hall and used be public remember to fit a TMV to whb if not done already.
Also some of the 9.5kw heaters are inline units and basically arelike an electric shower so can be alright for hand washing but not for filling a kitchen sink.
Id go for a 15litre unit which stores a small quantey of hot water-ok for washing up.
Also 15ltre and up needs someone with an unvented ticket to install.
Hope this helps.

Some heaters need special taps most dont those ive mentioned dont-just make sure when u buy as the special taps are expensive.

we regularly fit the santon to church halls etc they take about 30 minutes to heat up and quantities are fine for washing up etc,

Thank you Quality. I've the Redring is similar to this - just want to know if ANY of these systems can go to a kitchen monobloc mixer tap as all the diagrams indicate two separate taps.

Thank you to the others as well. I've been asked to find one that doesn't heat a supply of hot water as they'd like instantaneous, like an electric shower.

Somehow I felt this wouldn't be a simple yes/no!!!

But thanks for all the persistence and ideas. As I said earlier, I'm not discounting any of these thoughts!!

sorry mate, just read it properly every one we have fitted has been seperate hot and cold water taps. and i think that is how they have to be, so you cant push mains at a higher pressure than is on the hot side,

Many thanks, Stani. This is what I was beginning to wonder and the "organiser's" face dropped when I told him this. I've sent a message to Redring but don't anticipate a response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Under Sink Water Heater for Church in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover fitted as I am sensitive to the chlorine levels. My question is that the filter will be fitted on the kitchen cold water pipe under the sink but the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Morning, Moved house a few months ago and first issue is having a slight leak on tap in kitchen. Went under sink to turn off water and there are four valves I can see as per attached photos. Tried turning all clockwise 90 degrees as per usual but water still coming out of tap. Am I missing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single lever tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Due to living in a flat and having a shared water supply I was advised to get a dual flow tap for the kitchen so...
Replies
Views
My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock