Discuss Underfloor heating with new actuators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Masrkkirby

Hello,

I have an underfloor heating system which has just had a Roth controlled actuator valves fitted in order, I was hoping, to make one room warmer. My question is whether I need to adjust the lock shield valves or do I let the actuators take complete control of the water supply?

It should be set up with flow regulator to correct flow rate
Then stat controls heat

Yes, I can see that but since I have had the system I have one cold room and can't seem to get that one warm despite having flushed the system to remove airlocks. I was wondering whether i should retrofit flow meters so that I can see the flow in each circuit as the manifold does not have this facility at the moment and flow seems to be the problem?

Use a thermometer. Get system steady and just balance it out so all return temps same. U will need to leave 1 hour between tweaks as floors are not very responsive or stable.

If you fit flow meters, do you even know what flows you should be looking for?
What's the flow temperature, what's the design delta T, what's the actual heat loss for the rooms? What is the type of emitter used?

Did the installer include for commissioning on hos quote? If so, get him back...

And of course someone did do the heat loss calcs before they started didn't they..

Last edited:
Gordon, always the defeatist. Of course they did they just didn't document it and they have done that many jobs since they just need to PPP back and take a few measurements to check.

Gordon, always the defeatist. Of course they did they just didn't document it and they have done that many jobs since they just need to PPP back and take a few measurements to check.

That's pretty much how it is! Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating with new actuators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock