Search the forum,

Discuss Unica He 28 Code 10 Fixed In 15 mins By Gas Safe Professional in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm an electrician registered with the NICEIC. When it comes to protecting my job I have a hissy fit with all the DIYers out there. My boiler, a Vokera Unica He 28 had a recurring fault that would often be resolved by doing a reset. The problem was that it would attempt to start up then display code 10. Eventually, no amount of resetting would clear the code. I don't touch boilers (that's for the professionals with a gas safe registration) so I called a local guy who came the same day. He asked me to describe what the symptoms were and he tried to clear the code by de-powering the boiler for 5 mins. Turning it back on the boiler attempted to start and the fan was running but after 30 secs it shut down displaying a flashing code 10. He said he had seen this fault countless times, 10 minutes later after turning it back on again the boiler restarted....... Bingo ! He charged me £50 Happy Days ! Thinking back I remember that there were occasions when the boiler attempted start and when it finally did there was an audible boom from the combustion chamber. Obviously Always happy to sing the praises of the professionals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unica He 28 Code 10 Fixed In 15 mins By Gas Safe Professional in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock