Discuss Unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been to a friends house today to sort a leak on the heating system and while there he told me that there was a leak on an immersion on the cylinder. When I opened up the cupboard what I found I was shocked. He has a Gledhill stainless lite cylinder and next to it a massive expansion vessel. Well thats what it seems like. This is my question as I have never seen anything like it for a standard size house. It is a Zilmet Ultra Pro. He tells me the plumber told him it was to boost the water pressure but im sure its just a rather large expansion vessel. What are your thoughts please

Attachments

• 20140202_144034.jpg
    20140202_144034.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20140202_144028.jpg
    20140202_144028.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 51
As above, a expansion vessel that size could do a hotel :lol:

He must of had some pretty poor pressure if he needed that, we've fitted them before but in a block of flats and only to those property's above the 4th floor

Pressure is very good at kitchen sink on cold. Its piped up after the prv combi valve with a tee in feed to the cylinder, runs along to the bottom of this vessel, tees into it then it seems like the cold feed to bathrooms come out the tee. Surly this just aint right. Why not just a standard 18 ltr vessel

Apart from water is in balloon unlike a heating tank. Not seen it yet but awaiting the day in hall of shame when 45 20l red tanks in parallel feeding a 300l UVHC on a 12mm 5bar 0.2 lpm service

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn...
Replies
Views
Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I'd like your opinion on something that is worrying me please: my landlady's plumber replaced the bottom/night element of my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back