Discuss Unvented Megaflo - hot water fine but no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TonyK1

Hi all - hoping you can help with a strange issue.. which, if i'm honest, may be something simple and I'm just totally missing!

So since the weather has got a bit colder, i've had my central heating on with no issues.. then suddenly I've stopped getting ANY central heating, while the hot water is fine. I've had a couple of short power cuts.... im not sure if that may have tripped anything and might have caused this?!

I've checked the pressure, which seems to have dropped to 0.5 bar, so i've attached the filling loop and opened both valves.... but there's no water flow at all! I'm not sure if the low pressure might be causing the initial issue.. but I guess i should get it back up to ~1.5 bar either way!

I've checked (but not opened) the pump.. that seems okay.. it's vibrating and gets warm.

I've also tried leaving the heating zone valve manually open (at least, I'm assuming it's open when i put the lever in the middle? As far as it'll go...)

Thermostat is all setup fine as well.... so...... i'm a bit stumped!

One thing that someone has mentioned, is that the expansion vessel might need re-pressurising? Would that be the reason the filling loop is doing nothing?!

I'm no expert, so I don't really want to start messing around with valves that i'm not 100% sure of....

Would appreciate any help!

Cheers! :bucktooth:

1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Megaflo - hot water fine but no central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock