Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Megaflow or Thermsaver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to replace a old oso unvented indirect cylinder Internal (with expansion chamber). I was thinking a megaflow but have just seen a thermsaver also with internal expansion chamber at 300 pound cheaper.
Has anyone installed these and are they any good or any info on them.
Or if anone has any brand they prefer...
Thanks
Ray..

Don't know anything about them, do they come with 20 - 25 yr warrenty?

Don't know about the thermsaver, but I'd stay away from the megaflo. Can get better for cheaper. imho.

Megaflo good but expensive.
Give them a try and let us know what you think (Thermsaver)

Last edited by a moderator:
The new oso's look very smart IMHO never fitted one so couldn't comment on price.

The oso's are a little more than the megaflo. Spares like small immersion heater have been a headache to get, so keen to try another..

I actually prefer the units with an external expansion vessel now after having trouble a few years ago with a megaflo keep losing it's air gap.

I've used a few of the center store ones with no hassle at all, but these have the external expansion vessel (which I prefer), the only down side is that they use the heatrae sadia immersions at nearly ÂŁ80 a pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Megaflow or Thermsaver in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Has anyone worked to the txn150pterp kingspan unvented cylinders? They have an internal expansion bubble like the megaflows I believe. To...
Replies
Views
W
Hi all. So I have an OSO Super SXD 180 immersion heater and it is pouring a huge amount of water out of the cold water pressure relief valve...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for some recommendations for a slimline indirect unvented cylinder to go with a new system boiler that we're having installed...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a 300L unvented indirect cylinder to work with a standard heat only boiler. I may have solar panels in the future...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock