Search the forum,

Discuss Update on PlumbFORCE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Is anyone working for them at the mo? I've been chased a bit about joining and I have had the forms but it's quite vague, about the amount paid for jobs and very clear that they don't want any responsibility. You as the sub contractor is the responsible and for ever more it seems... I do need more work and it may work for me....but :thinking:

Personally i would"nt touch these sort of emergency companies.You will have to purchase all the parts & materials & put an uplift on it plus traveling time etc etc.I have worked for these sort of companies many years ago & most of them are rogues.They don"t care about you or the cust,all they care about is money & if you don"t drag the jobs out you will struggle to make money.

Cheers, so do you recommend check a trade then? - i see you're a member. I'm in the second year of self employed and struggling from time to time to keep the work rolling in. I thought check a trade seemed a bit pricey? Ted

Legally they are responsible to there customers and you to them. So they can't just not be responsible, sounds like they are muppets.

Cheers, so do you recommend check a trade then? - i see you're a member. I'm in the second year of self employed and struggling from time to time to keep the work rolling in. I thought check a trade seemed a bit pricey? Ted
Hi Ted Checkatrade is rubbish,been on there approx 4 months,had 3 jobs totaling £250.If you don"t keep feedback cards going in you slip down the pecking order on there w/site.It won"t be long b4 BG are advertising on there as there starting to let national companies advertise on there.
My checkatrade advisor was ringing me every month to see how things were,even she"s stopped ringing me now as i keep telling her its *hit.I also advertise on a local mummies site which costs me £10 a month,I"ve got a 2k boiler change tomorrow out of it & a few other nice jobs.
Things are still pretty tough out there IMO. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Update on PlumbFORCE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock