Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent Advise needed for Re-Installing Boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chandan

Dear All,

I need your advise for re-installing Boiler.

My boiler was installed 14 months ago. I had called worcester engineer to check our boiler as the hot water was cutting off after every second minute. The engineer said ''Incorrect flue has been used on installation, condense pipe not glued and part of boiler jig that secure isolation valves is missing'' - the boiler is labelled as dangerous and gas connection is switched off.

my boiler installer is no longer gas safe registered (was registered when he installed - confirmed by calling gas safe) and not reachable on phone any longer. office does not exist also. i have reported him to gas safe & trading standards.

I got quote from British Gas and Pilmico plumbers - both advised to buy new boiler and install again, quoted their prices as well. (both said the roofing work also need to be done)

Please advise - My boiler is still new and nothing is wrong with the boiler as checked by the worcester boiler. The problem is with installation and incorrect flue. How much i should be looking to spend for correction?? i am shocked with the amount of money i have been quoted.

My live in a maisonette flat. i m on 1st floor. Thank you,

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive an answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent Advise needed for Re-Installing Boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
I need some advice please. My Baxi boiler went recently faulty. A Baxi engineer came and fixed it in 10 minutes, he said that the ignition lead was connected incorrectly. He said that although the boiler was working, it was struggling until it failed. The boiler was serviced 2 months ago by a...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock