Discuss Urgent boiler malfunction and Flue inquiry!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zctpfe2

Hi all,

I'm seeking for help with some multiple faults with my boiler and central heating.

I got a Baxi 2 Megaflo 28 Compact GA boiler and it suddenly stopped supplying hot water about two days ago (no big issues before except re-pressuring). I tried to reboot it however it lost power completely when I turned it off. The Honeywell central panel is functioning properly.

I called in a British Gas folk to assess the situation and he commented the following:

1. It may be the problem with PCB so it cannot be switched on
2. Our vertical flue has no support so need to get it done before any work
3. There is a minor leakage in the pipe beside water cylinder

The boiler is 4 years old and we moved in 4 months ago.

So my question is whether I should call original installer to see if they can get all fixed or I have to seek Baxi for the boiler and another plumber to deal with point 2&3.

The flue is quite firm and I wonder if there is an actual need for brackets, also will this be potential problem that my boiler is not working???

I've attached some pics here

Many thanks!!!

Attachments

• Vertical flue.jpg
    Vertical flue.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Leakage.jpg
    Leakage.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Boiler.jpg
    Boiler.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 75
The flue needs brackets. Without them its classed as "AT RISK " and must be turned off untill rectified. That is the regulations

not strictly true phil it can only be turned off with the owners permission .Label issue, notice and then up to the customer if they use it

Call Baxi to rectify number 1.
And a plumber of your choice for 2 & 3.

Thanks all. I'll make a call to the original installer and see if they can get the boiler fixed as well. If not, I'll go for Baxi.

Called up Baxi and they said they have no engineers that cover my area..

Hi folks finally got it sorted. The PCB was burnt so I got a plumber to replace the PBC which is way cheaper than calling the BG... Thanks for the attentions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent boiler malfunction and Flue inquiry!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock