Search the forum,

Discuss US size P traps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil T

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hi all.
I'm doing a job at a McDonalds and have been told that the sink P traps are a different size to standard UK ones.
Would anyone know if/ where I could get hold of the US sized ones? or if I can just leave the awkward size part of the trap in place and change the swivel part with a UK one?

Cheers

i would check for myself that they are different sizes first. if they are then mix and match to get what is required. do they need changing?

No its the pipework mainly but I noticed that where the pipe goes in there is damage tothe trap where some herbert has tried forcing the pipe in. Manager mentioned that the connection to sink is US size

Got to ask; why would they use US?

All / most the gear comes from the U.S.

I knew someone who worked on Mac's and had to go to the States to be approved to work on the Catering equipment

got my fingers crossed for the mix n match option as i can't find any traps on tinterweb, not in uk anyway

When I looked after them they were 1 1/2" copper P traps (conex) onto an H&K pop-up sink waste but it was a while ago.

A US based seller on Ebay and get shipped over (else get manager to get one sent). Find all sorts of stuff like that on there.

i tried the mix n match but the traps were different but believe it or not 3 screwfix traps with a bit of ptfe worked a treat ... no leaks and hold pretty solid. maybe i got lucky with the sink fittings but he said everything comes from US so sizes needed to be specific. didn't get free breakfast or brew though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to US size P traps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Evening all. Not sure if this is the most appropriate place to post this in the forum, happy to move if not. I'm looking for a metallic 32mm matt black waste pipe, to match up with a matt back trap. The pipe that comes with the trap is 400mm, which isn't long enough for my installation. I'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, Noticed a leak in my sink and the pipe collapsed down for the P trap. So I was going to replace it all. However, i've been stuck because this starting part from the sink isn't forming a good water tight seal. The rest of the pipes kind of insert into each other nicel and have a grove in the...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with the experience I have picked up over a lifetime. I can make copper pipe runs isolaters taps sink shower etc but me and the missus have bought a small...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock