Discuss Use of microswitch on Honeywell 2-port valve for auxilliary pump in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My boiler struggled to circulate throughout my house so my heating engineer installed an auxilliary pump a few years ago. On a recent service he identified that the auxilliary pump was not working. He said that it was down to the motorised valve and he wants to charge £350 to replace it. He said that there was no power via the microswitch on the valve when it was open. The valve was new in Jan 2018 (replaced by same heating engineer when the auxilliary pump was installed).

I have two questions:
  • Is it intended that the microswitch be used to directly switch a load such as a pump? I see from spec on unvented components europe website that Auxiliary Switch Rating is 250VAC 4A so I assume this is OK (but wanted to check)
  • Is replacing the valve really necessary or should it be first attempted to just replace the Powerhead? If it is just replacing the PowerHead then £350 sounds really excessive - right?

No it’s not rated for a pump load should be used via a 6 amp relay

Yes does sound high

Reply to Use of microswitch on Honeywell 2-port valve for auxilliary pump in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
We had a Gloworm Energy 7 30r Boiler fitted in Jan 22 to replace a British Gas Boiler (which was a Glowworm Rebranded ) when the heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
There's power going to the valve head but the motor won't activate to turn the spindle to open the valve. The manual override will not activate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Let me start by saying, my heating works fine. I only know the basics of a system, and this may well be just me and my sensitive...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock