Discuss Using other manufacturers brackets on flue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

just wondered if there's anything against say using vaillant flue support brackets on a worcester flue.

cant see a problem but just thought I would check people's opinions

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy valliant ones and use on Baxi and ideal. Not like it's an integral part of flue it's a support.

limited no of flue suppliers supply most of the brand boiler names anyhow.

support brackets for vertical flues etc are just support. a bit of o banding to a roof truss is ok as long as its supported. gas safe are really keen on flue jointing bands and if there screwed then no problemo..(btw glowworm vaillant worcester and most have the same od so shouldnt be a problem).

I'm taking a baxi vertical flue out tomorrow an fitting a gloworm.

if the brackets are in ok condition, am using the ones that are in.

just changing the flue an weathering collar

I'm taking a baxi vertical flue out tomorrow an fitting a gloworm.

if the brackets are in ok condition, am using the ones that are in.

just changing the flue an weathering collar

Why they down grading flue? Keeping Baxi tho as no one wants a glowworm?

I use baxi brackets as they have the studding that can be shortened - glowworm ones are fixed with a screw assy

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 43
i dont think anybody will care what make of bracket is used aslong as the flue is supported well and it will last the life of the flue.

limited no of flue suppliers supply most of the brand boiler names anyhow.

As if they'd be made of the same stuff by the same manufacturer to the same specification and tolerances but in a different box that apparently costs more than the bits inside.
Can't see them getting away with that one :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Using other manufacturers brackets on flue. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock