Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss V I Y 10 week plumbing course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andee.c

Hi, am a newbie to the forum and just want to ask some advice, i'm 42 and just in the process of being made redundant. i live in west london and would like to retrain as a plumber, i have made enquiries about a few courses and the 2 that i like the sound of is the plumbing academy and V I Y plumbing training. the reason i'm considering v i y is because they claim to certify you with your city and guilds 6129 and also your NVQ 6089 as well as your bpec part p is this bull or is this for real? has anyone trained here and what were they like?

I trained there. The part p, water regs and unvented all have an additional cost. It was a couple of years ago. but the course claimed to be full time 9-5pm. It was more like 9.30 - 4pm. With long breaks where the tutor wouldnt come back on time for ages. And finish at 12pm on friday. So if you count the amount of hours we lost learning it would be shocking. It taught me the basics, but not enough to go out and work. To be fair the facilities are quite good there

Andee.c

I was in a similar situation and went to VIY for my training.
I started (and it would seem finished) the VIY class of jan 09 thread if you want to discuss anything about the options PM me and I'll answer any questions you have about my time there.
Good Luck
SP

I have also just finished the 10 week viy course with suburban plumber, again if you want to send me a pm i will answer all your questions you may have.

Yes, I agree with some of what SDC says about the day finishing early but I would be a little more objective (at the risk of some abuse from SDC). After spending from 9.00 in a class either doing an exam or being taught a subject finishing at 4.30 was a bit of luck. I had had enough by then and I think a lot of people were in this boat!
Our instructors returned promptly after lunch, again, I was glad when the course finished early on Friday as I had a long distance to travel home!

Alot of the time when we finished early we were asked by Mark that we could stay if we wanted, some did and asked further questions or further explanation. During the coffee breaks, I quite often saw people approach the inst's going over points that were not quite understood. If you go on this course, if you have any questions just ask, no matter how stupid you think they are. You will get an answer, which will definetly lead you to another question and another issue, again these will be answered.

All the inst's have infinite patience...............and they need it.

What ?? how do you get 6089 it is not onsite , i did viy and have not attempted this yet ? are you sure it is the 6089? cheers good luck with whatever you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to V I Y 10 week plumbing course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock