Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vaillant 837 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

foxy69

I've read a few reviews that the VRT 360F Wireless Room Thermostat is not much cop, can anybody confirm if this is true.

I'm also trying to price up everything I need for the 837. Do you still need the timeswitch 130 or 140 if I go for the wireless room thermostat? and whats the VR65 control centre? is this also required?

Thanks

i fitted a 837 a few weeks ago and just fitted a bog standard horstmanns hrfs1 programmable room stat worked a treat

Cant comment on that stat. I just fitted a honeywell cmt927 Rf and it worked fine.

Thanks for that, if I go for one of those room thermostats do I just then need the manual timer?

I want to get all the kit bought so I can spread the costs and then get a plumber in at a later date.

why dont you just save up, get a rgi to quote for aystem and then install it. He/she (v pc me) is then responsible for warrantying the install, doing it your way will mean they increase their hourly rate to cover the lost money on supplying products and youll also get a charge everytime you ask the installer back to fix/set up any problems. You dont often save that much money by doing it this way in the long term, even if you install it yourself!!!!!

For example, a customer of mine supplied their own 210 megaflow unvent cyl, I arrived to install it and it didnt even fit in the cupboard,(to tall) so off to the merchants pick up a smaller cyl and installed it (they only needed a 170 anyhow) so now theyve got a shipping and restock charge unless they can flog it on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have install a few of these VRT 360RF. Installation wise they are great.
The main problem is the programming software is not to everyone's taste.
Even the CEO of Vaillant is quoted saying " I can't program this so how are our customers going to" Vaillant are in the process of renewing there range. (I don't work for Vaillant)
Also to replace the batteries takes the skill of a bomb disposal expert!!

At the moment I to use a Honeywell CMT927 RF

If the Clients are over 60 I put a Vaillant analogue 130 Timer switch on the front fascia and a
Danfoss RET B-RF + RX1 product code 087N727600

As this is a dial type R/S people who can't cope with too much change get on with this OK.

Hope this is of some use

All the best

The Honey cmt927 is a programmable room stat so that is all you would need which is why it is so easy. Live/neutral and two wires for volt free switching, job done.

Sorry didn't make that clear that the Honeywell CMT927 is programable .

I have found even though I find this easy to program some customers have grown up using a dial style room stat and are never going to change.

That is why I do the Vaillant 130 timeswich, which just clips on the front of the boiler and the Danfoss RET B-RF + RX1 product code 087N727600 is easy as to install.

But I agree with bronzino the CMT927 is a lovely product and easy to install

All the best

Thanks for the advice. Final question, if the boiler is located in the garage would you still recommend the timeswitch?

If the boiler is in the garage to may have trouble with a wireless RF stat.
depends on where you would like to locate the room stat and how many walls the signal has to go through.
Probably be ok.

With regards to timer switch, generally once you've programmed your times in you never really touch it so can't see having it on the boiler a problem.

All the best

Most stats have a 30m range from memory. My boiler is located in an outhouse just outside my back door and it passes through 4 walls no problem at all.

I have install a few of these VRT 360RF. Installation wise they are great.
The main problem is the programming software is not to everyone's taste.
Even the CEO of Vaillant is quoted saying " I can't program this so how are our customers going to" Vaillant are in the process of renewing there range. (I don't work for Vaillant)
Also to replace the batteries takes the skill of a bomb disposal expert!!

At the moment I to use a Honeywell CMT927 RF

If the Clients are over 60 I put a Vaillant analogue 130 Timer switch on the front fascia and a
Danfoss RET B-RF + RX1 product code 087N727600

As this is a dial type R/S people who can't cope with too much change get on with this OK.

Hope this is of some use

All the best

I guess you are pretty young if you consider over 60 to be past it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant 837 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock