Currently reading:
Vaillant Case Insulation

Discuss Vaillant Case Insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Serviced a Vaillant Ecotec Plus combi the other day and all the case insulation is crumbling.

Can this be bought to replace as looked for it on partsarena but couldn't see anything?

Cheers

Yes rude bunch,

I just assumed it dried out from the warmth inside the casing .

Makes a right mess on kitchen worktops

Yes rude bunch,

Yes rude bunch,

Same. Assumed it was the heat. Does it actually need to be replaced if it's turned to poop?

I'm sure someone has told mien the past its just to muffle the workings of the boiler

Lot of talk on the fb groups its A/R as forms part of the seal, can be replaced but have to order the whole door to do it something silly like 150 quid

Lot of talk on the fb groups its A/R as forms part of the seal, can be replaced but have to order the whole door to do it something silly like 150 quid

Jesus really? That foam always goes.. it's cack!

If it forms part of thr case seal, it's ID. Anyway as long as the case seals ok it's fine.
As for not liking Vaillants, what else is there? Every boiler has its foybles.
Ideals leak
Baxis leak and they're to big
Intergas user controls are baffling at best
Worcestors design makes no sense at all
And so on.

If it forms part of thr case seal, it's ID. Anyway as long as the case seals ok it's fine.
Ideals leak
And so on.

Ideals leak
And so on.

Even though you lose half your skin I still prefer worcesters over everyone..

Im with leo lol
Worcestershires are put together harris about face

If the black stuff gets wet or damp it turns to dust too !
I've noticed it more and more.
I've also had more probs recently with Vaillant

So is it ok to just be left like that? The crap black insulation..

Ideals leak
And so on.

With you on the Intergas boilers, have fitted a few but put off by control panel , think if they made it simpler to use they would sell a lot more.

Ideals leak
And so on.

With you on the Intergas boilers, have fitted a few but put off by control panel , think if they made it simpler to use they would sell a lot more.

Me to, I don't dislike them.

Question: what is your deciding factor for choosing to fit boilers of differing manufacturers? I'm assuming on some jobs you might fit intergas, others Logic etc - why?

Question: what is your deciding factor for choosing to fit boilers of differing manufacturers? I'm assuming on some jobs you might fit intergas, others Logic etc - why?

Down to what customer wants and cost, length of warranty ease of use, myself , I don't recommend or favour any particular make.

The new Baxi Eco blue heat only doesn't need a pump over run, so I use that where customers don't want to drag wires across the house.
Vaillants where space is restricted, Baxi Duo Tec where the size allows and people take my advise.
And finally Mains if they want cheap and good.

Last edited:
Leo i used to do the mains. But have started doing the vokera easi heat 29kw and 5 yr gtee. They really arent too bad when put in right.

Main hack me off warranty changes too often and arent cheap enough for the low end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Case Insulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock