Discuss Vaillant Ecomax Boiler Fan Problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbzone

I have a F32 fault on my Vaillant Ecomax 824/2E Boiler. The fan is also making a noise, but not sure if that's a red herring. On pressing the reset button the boiler starts and the fan activates, however this appears to keep going and the temperature keeps increasing. The pressure gauge also increases to the red zone and the safety discharge pipe lets water out when it reaches 3 bar. Sometimes when you call for hot water the fan stops when the tap is turned off. The boiler can stay on for hours or only minutes before it shows the fault code F32.
Is this likely to be a replacement fan needed or is there something else that could cause this?

you are indeed correct f32 is
Fan speed variation Fan blocked, plug not inserted correctly on fan, hall sensor defective, so you can take it from here ,now you have a base from which to work from,

regards,

expn vssl needs recharging or replacing along with the prv as that will probably continue to leak now. fans probably a bit worn, but working ok by sound of things. call in a plumber to do the work safetly just seen other op reply, be aware the failed expn vessel needs dealing with before you go looking at the fan, as it may be giving you a false readout.

Last edited by a moderator:
F32 on a vaillant does indicate the fan there are two symbols on the user control panel that come up one is of a fan with cross through it and the other looks like a house with a cross through it. Its the fan not kicking out enough speed to start the ignition process. This can either be a faulty fan or a PCB error. You have to check the wiring on the PCB connection on the pink wire if I remember correctly and this will tell you if its the fan or PCB. Either way you'll have to get a GSE on to look at it. Or it may be under warranty if its new.

Guys lets advice the op correctly here, hes told you the prv is passing and and pressure rising into the red therefore expn vssl knackered. deal with that first as he also says the fans working! then once having the expn vssl fixed see whats happening, as often one fault is indicated in error when other faults are present. omho but often right when the old custards tell you whats wrong by looking at the fault finding list themselves rather than looking at the real symptoms!! Remember we are like first aiders, theres no point giving heart massage to a patient whos bleeding to death, first stop the bleed then jump up and down on their chest:)

I have checked the expansion vessel and pressure in it appears ok. Is it possible for a fault with the fan /pcb to create the same problem. i.e. the fan continually running or in overdrive increase the pressure to 3 bar and therefore the discharge kicking in. Fault code F32 still appears (possible fan speed malfunction) and when the hot water is switched on the fan stops running and the boiler has to restart itself.

i am with old plumber on this , whats the point in having a boiler that wont hold water Doh

:) :) never heard that fun to create overpressure in the central heating .......might be over winding us up your fun !

but how did you check the pressure in the ev ? and what reading did you get ,did you use a multimeter or u gauge ?:)

and obviously you did not drain the system down when you took a reading I believe :) .

but might be your la-co fluxsensor that is faulty !!!:)

Used a smoke detector or was it a bike pump thingy! (Ha-Ha)

Seriously, the pressure reading from the expansion vessel showed just under 20 psi or 1 bar, there appeared to be no problem with the diaphragm as there was no water escaping from the Schrader valve when pressed. But still keep getting the F32 fan fault, the fan stops when hot water is called for.

i dont understand why you would use the PRV for draining down unless you are replacing the boiler or the PRV , I remember someone saying the corgi inspector said you had to check the prv on a safety check, you could not make stuff up like that, 1 bar =14.5 psi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecomax Boiler Fan Problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock