Discuss Vaillant EcoTec Plus 938 temperamental in heating mode in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

we have a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 938 boiler and it started behaving when running in heating mode (hot water is fine - no problems with that).

The problem is that quite often when there is demand for heat (either from one of Hive TRVs or from under floor heating thermostat) boiler starts up but feed water temperature stays below 40 degrees (typically 35-38). Pump seems to be running, burner is on at minimum level. Sporadically it can go up to 60 for a short period of time then back to 40. Sometime however it works fine. What could be the issue? I'm suspecting low water flow rate, but I have no way to check this. Looked at diagnostics menu on the boiler and it doesn't seem to have water flow displayed in there.

Appreciate any help with diagnosing this issue.

Thanks,
Sergey

Its d.036 (page 52 of the manual).

Sorry, that's the DHW flow rate but d.029 may give it in M3/hr so X this by 16.67 to give you LPM.

Attachments

• Vaillant Ecotech 938.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Remove the hive trv heads and see if it will go into high

Reply to Vaillant EcoTec Plus 938 temperamental in heating mode in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock