Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 changing AAV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My AAV is leaking, it is the type with an o ring around the body that is fixed in to the pump with the u shaped pin. I know that other types have a shut of valve allowing the part to be changed without draining the system, I'm thinking mine will need draining to change it? Could anyone advise please?

The boiler will need draining to do this time for a service call to your GSRI to sort it out .not a expensive job cheers kop

As you need to remove the cover this means you need to be gas safe

Thanks for the advice. I didn't want to drain the system as I've only just refilled with new inhibitor. Reason I found out AAV is leaking was I was just inspecting internally as diverter valve is stuck as upstairs rads are getting warm when running hot water. I know for my boiler that the original brass diverter valve can be replaced with a plastic body unit which is around half the price of the brass unit, would it be a false economy to have a plastic unit fitted. Boiler is approx 6 years old so I'm expecting it to last at least another 6. Work will be done by Gas Safe fitter, but I will get the parts and drain it down as it will be done on mates rates.

Have you asked your mate for advise?
Did he tell you to drain the system?

Leave it to the proffesional is my advice not all valliant parts are interchangeable. cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 changing AAV in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock