Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Vaillant ecoTEC Pro 28 changing AAV in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Steve66

Steve66 New Member

My AAV is leaking, it is the type with an o ring around the body that is fixed in to the pump with the u shaped pin. I know that other types have a shut of valve allowing the part to be changed without draining the system, I'm thinking mine will need draining to change it? Could anyone advise please?

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

The boiler will need draining to do this time for a service call to your GSRI to sort it out .not a expensive job cheers kop

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

As you need to remove the cover this means you need to be gas safe

4. Steve66

Steve66 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I didn't want to drain the system as I've only just refilled with new inhibitor. Reason I found out AAV is leaking was I was just inspecting internally as diverter valve is stuck as upstairs rads are getting warm when running hot water. I know for my boiler that the original brass diverter valve can be replaced with a plastic body unit which is around half the price of the brass unit, would it be a false economy to have a plastic unit fitted. Boiler is approx 6 years old so I'm expecting it to last at least another 6. Work will be done by Gas Safe fitter, but I will get the parts and drain it down as it will be done on mates rates.

5. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have you asked your mate for advise?
    Did he tell you to drain the system?

6. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Leave it to the proffesional is my advice not all valliant parts are interchangeable. cheers kop